Product Warranty, Terms & Conditions
Please return the warranty registration or register your warranty online within 90 days of receiving your Oshkosh Designs product to activate your warranty.
This warranty is non-transferable and is exclusive to the original purchaser of the Oshkosh Designs product.
All Oshkosh Designs products must be installed within 30 days of product purchase or warranty will be voided.
Please review the complete warranty below for more details.
Oshkosh Designs Warranty
Inspect product upon final receipt. All damage must be reported within five business days of final customer receipt. Furthermore, it is the responsibility of the installer and/or property owner to inspect the product prior to installation. If, before installation, you discover any product that has a perceived defect, please contact your Oshkosh Designs dealer immediately to arrange for repairs or replacement product.
Oshkosh Designs accepts no responsibility for the cost of products or labor when products with perceived defects have been installed nonetheless.
This warranty does not cover damage or warping that occurs due to improper storage conditions on the buyer's premises prior to installation.
Damage caused by natural or man-made disasters – including, but not limited to leaking or broken plumbing, standing water, fire, excessive rainfall, hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding or other disasters – are not covered by the terms of this warranty.
Failure to properly maintain your field floor, decorative inlays or parquet will void all warranties.
For maintenance recommendations, contact the National Wood Flooring Association (website: www.nwfa.org, Ph: 1-800-422-4556) or the National Oak Flooring Manufacturers’ Association (website: www.nofma.org, Ph: 1-901-526-5016).
No parquet flooring, decorative hardwood, or stone floor inlays are manufactured to higher quality standards than the products offered by Oshkosh Designs. That singular fact alone allows us to offer the following warranties:
- Oshkosh Designs warrants its decorative inlay and parquet to be free from manufacturing defects in lamination, milling, and assembly. We warrant these products, to the original purchaser, for a period of one year after date of purchase. If the Oshkosh Designs product is installed using a non-recommended adhesive warranty is voided.
- Oshkosh Designs will (at our discretion) repair or replace any Oshkosh Designs decorative inlay or parquet that has experienced de-lamination between the product wear layer and substrate, if applicable, due to glue bond failure for one time only. Repair or replacement is limited to Oshkosh Designs product only.
Prior to installation, completion of the provided Oshkosh Designs pre-installation checklist is required for warranty to be applicable. Failure to complete checklist or meet the requirements outlined on the checklist will void warranty.
There are no implied warranties, including merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, extending beyond the terms of this warranty, and except as set forth herein, there are no other warranties by Oshkosh Designs.
Except for the specific remedies set forth herein, Oshkosh Designs shall have no liability for any damages, incidental or consequential, resulting from the purchase, installation, or use of the Oshkosh Designs product. The terms of and remedies available under this limited warranty can only be modified or extended if expressly authorized, in writing, by Oshkosh Designs management.
Warranty Exclusions and Limitations
It is critical that all installations are done in compliance with the procedures outlined in the Oshkosh Designs installation manuals. Failure to install in accordance with these instructions will void all warranties.
Detailed instructions are included in all boxes of Oshkosh Designs products, and can be obtained by contacting Oshkosh Designs or calling 1-920-582-9977. All products must be installed within 30 days of product purchase or warranty will be voided.
Oshkosh Designs does not warrant any mounted (engineered) products that are less than 5/8" thick and greater than 30" wide or long.
Oshkosh Designs uses a wide variety of the finest materials. Our products will vary in color, texture, and graining. The following natural characteristics are not to be construed as defects: mineral streaks, small knots, grain and color variations, sap pockets, flecking, fissures, texture, pitting or other natural material distinctions. Additionally, actual product appearance may vary slightly from product images shown in brochures, online galleries or other printed materials or websites.
We cannot warrant against natural variations, nor the differences between color, grain, and appearance of product samples, surrounding field floor, millwork, other wood products, and the color, grain and appearance of Oshkosh Designs products. Furthermore, this warranty does not cover color changes to any products that are the result of UV light and/or the natural aging process of the wood, glass, metal, or stone. Natural changes in color due to aging is expected and is not a defect. These variations in parquet and decorative inlay are natural occurrences due to species and age of wood or stone, plus exposure to UV lighting.
Temperature and Humidity factors
Hardwood inlays are natural products and will expand and contract during heating and non-heating seasons, causing changes in joinery or the inlay products. These changes in joinery are not considered defects. To minimize these changes as much as possible, it is vital that reasonable humidity conditions (35 to 45 percent humidity at 60 to 75°F) are maintained consistently at all times. It is also important to allow time for proper acclimation of the product to the property climate conditions prior to installation. No warranty coverage is provided for product that experiences glue bond failure, cupping, buckling, gapping or cracking due to inadequate, excessive or widely fluctuating humidity levels.
We want you to be completely happy with your order. If for any reason you are not satisfied, we will gladly accept your timely return of salable, unmodified, unfinished, eligible items. Please contact Oshkosh Designs for authorization prior to shipping.
- Standard, unfinished wood medallions and borders can be returned within 14 days after receiving the product.
- Prefinished items are not refundable.
- Buyer is responsible for the shipping charges both ways.
- Product must be returned in original packaging via authorized shipping method.
- Buyer is responsible for a 15% restocking fee.
- Once your return is received and inspected by our shipping department, your refund will be processed.
- Items that incur damage, warping due to improper storage conditions by buyer are not returnable and are not covered by Oshkosh Designs warranty.
- Returned items should be in salable, unmodified condition to qualify for a credit.
Basic Care for Wood Inlays
- Quickly wipe up any spilled liquid from your inlay and protect wood from excessive water.
- Prevent sand, dirt, and water from getting on your inlay by placing mats or rugs (no jute or rubber back) in high traffic areas.
- Sweep or vacuum to remove dust and abrasive dirt. Vacuum wheels should be in good condition and free from abrasive particles.
- Do not pour cleaner or other liquid directly on the inlay.
- Do NOT use steam cleaners or steam mops.
- Do not use a wet mop that can leave excess water behind.
- Never use floor wax, oil-based detergent or any other household cleaner on the floor.
- Protect your inlay from excessive natural or artificial light, which can cause wood to change color.
For additional information on Hardwood Care and Maintenance, visit our blog.